Friday, July 3, 2009

The List #1

While I tend to review only a handful, I do actually read quite a few comics books. Unfortunately, sometimes I only have so much to say on a book, so I leave my thoughts out of it if I can't generate enough of them. This list will be a short version of my reviews for all the books I've read, but didn't want to review. This week's is short due to lack of patience, but I'll probably have reviews for Dark X-Men the Beginning #1, depending on how much Emma's involved if not much then it goes on The List, Ms. Marvel #41, and X-Men Legacy #226 and The List will have whatever else I read. Anyway, this week's is just a preview of how The List will work:
X-Factor #45
Last month, something massive happened

Some people were absolutely in pain over it *cough*Liefeld*cough*

Some people felt a conflicting array of emotions. Luckily, Land represents all forms of surprise, good or bad.
Now, you may ask
What the hell happened?
Here's your answer:

Yes! Rictor and Shatterstar finally got on-panel smoochies!
To get on track, X-Factor has been generally lukewarm lately. The plot isn't as exciting and it seems like the past two years of it climaxed with the baby arc. Since then Madrox is in the future banging Layla. Which apparently does not gross out the general comic book population. I can't say the same for myself. Not only that, but Layla is now just a precog, not the special creepy girl she once was. The character's magic is gone! Honestly, I don't even want to talk about what else is going on since it generally is interesting, but not enough to keep anyone entertained by talking about it. BUT I recommend next issue to see how David continues this since I consider this a big deal and I'm glad it finally happened. Hopefully not a move to save sales, but that matters not: It still happened. Buy next issue and see what's going to happen with RicStar.
Dark Reign: Young Avengers #2

With this one I don't necessarily recommend it so much as I'm calling attention to YA activity within the Marvel universe for those of us like me who miss the series so very much. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet though.

No comments: